Students from the BDDC presented posters at the Guelph Food Engineering Conference (GFEC) held at the University of Guelph on April 10th, 2022.
Poster Presentations Include:
- "Poly (Butylene Adipate-co-Terephthalate)/talc-based blown film for sustainable packaging application: impact of stretching on the mechanical and thermal properties" Authors: Blessing Itabana, Akhilesh Pal, Amar K. Mohanty,Manjusri Misra. Presented by: Blessing Itabana.
- Blessing Itabana's Poster Presentation was awarded 2nd Place.
- "Biocomposite films from talc-filled blends of plasticized post-industrial waste starch and biodegradable polymer for packaging applications" Authors: Surendren, A., Mohanty, A. K., Shankar, S., Loong, L.T, Pal, A., Rodriguez-Uribe, A., & Misra, M. Presented by: Aarsha Surendren.
- "Utilization of walnut shell waste for the fabrication of green composites using a biodegradable polymer blend: influence of a compatibilizer on the performance". Authors: McNeill, D., Pal, A., Mohanty, A. K., & Misra, M. Presented by: Dayna McNeill
- "Machine direction orientation of biobased poly(butylene succinate-co-adipate): effect of stretching on morphological, mechanical and barrier properties". Authors: Nath, D., Mohanty, A. K., Pal, A., & Misra, M. Presented by: Debarshi Nath.
- " Morphological design in binary blends of two biodegradable polyesters and its effect on mechanical performance". Authors: Pesaranhajiabbas, E., Mohanty, A. K., Pal, A., Rodriguez-Uribe, A., & Misra, M. Presented by: Ehsan Pesaranhajiabbas.